Friday, July 26, 2013

Introduction to blog in English

I created this blog to share information and data on the Salvadoran Diaspora. Using data from a variety of sources I will make this information available to the general public. Currently it is difficult to find reliable information about our community in the U.S. Until recently, the gap between academia and the community was quite large, something I learned firsthand as a student in the 2000’s.  Although today there are a number of works on Salvadorans and other Central American Diaspora, the need to disseminate this information continues to grow. My intention is to begin sharing information with members of these communities, whether students, organizers, business people, left or right, through this site. I recognize that there is a dearth of reliable data on the other Central American groups in the United States and I intend to make future contributions. Most of the information contained here is my own research using Census 2010 data unless cited otherwise. I welcome your comments and suggestions and ask that you please share this blog with your friends. Thanks, MP

3 comments:

  1. Hi, MP. My name is Andrés, and I'm salvadoran too. I understand by your profile bio that you over the past few years you've been studying issues that affect the salvadoran community in the US. I was wondering -I know this is a long shot- if by any chance you know of any organization that helps salvadoran or latino students in general, residing outside the US, find legal temporary/seasonal jobs in the US

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andres, thanks for your message- i do not know of any orgs or businesses doing this sort of service. However, i do know people that came to work temporarily in Las Vegas and LA i believe. I will look into this if i find anything i will pass it along to you.

    ReplyDelete